In this phase of the program, you will dive deep into the foundational teachings of the CMI-LC Certification program and many of John C. Maxwells curriculums. First and foremost, see this program as a vehicle to expand your own personal leadership potential and raise your own leadership lid. Without being a great leader of yourself, it will be impossible to maximize the knowledge available in this program. Be in it for yourself and then for your business.
Click Below to Print ‘Study Time’ Checklist
Study Time Checklist
(Right Click, Then Choose “Save Link As”)
1. Organize your CMI-LC 12 Principles for Maximized Potential study time
Get a binder/folder that you can keep all your Principle notes and worksheets together in.
- Calendar out your study time. Know exactly when you plan to study and go through the materials. Start at your own pace. This is not a race. If you can only study one principle or law per day, that’s perfect. If you can do more, great. The key is to schedule out your time and stick to your schedule.
2. Study the CMI-LC Principle for Maximed Potential Training
The CMI-LC 12 Principles the foundation of all of our teachings. It is important to study them. From the top menu, go to: Training -> CMI-LC Principles. There you will find links to the following resources:
- Listen to the Welcome Call with Dwight Shawrod Riddick (DSR2)
- Go through and watch all of DSR2’s Videos on the 12 Principles located under each module. Each video is less than 8 minutes.
- After you have watched all the videos, then go back and study each principle.
- Listen to each of Scott Fay’s audio teachings on the 21 Laws. Under each module there is a teaching call and Q&A call. The Q&A call is OPTIONAL.
- Listen to the audios located under ‘Additional Teaching Calls and Question & Answer Calls’ – OPTIONAL
3. Study and prepare for your first Mastermind Group
Mastermind groups are a great way to market yourself and your business. Prepare for your first Mastermind Group by going through the Mastermind training material. From the top menu, go to: Training -> Marketing Training -> Mastermind Training. There you will find links to the following resources:
- Watch and take notes on Paul Martinelli’s 7 training videos on Mastermind Marketing Training.
- Each video is less than 25 minutes and there is a corresponding worksheet to go with each video. Each worksheet is packed with sample scripts and examples. Print out each worksheet if you would like to add it to your binder of study materials.
- Listen and take notes on the additional mastermind group audio calls – OPTIONAL
In preparation for setting up your first mastermind group, complete the following steps:
**IMPORTANT NOTE** The 12 Principles For Maximized Potential is NOT part of your certification and therefore you cannot charge for these mastermind groups. You cannot financially benefit from this book. It is meant to be a resource you can use to help build your network and business.
- First decide if you want to do your mastermind group on 12 Principles of Maximized Potential, The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, Leadership Gold or 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. There are mastermind group study guides created for each book. You also can do a mastermind group on any of the 5 Learning Systems, however there are only mastermind materials created for the latter two books.
- Download the study guides located under ‘Mastermind Study Guides.’
- Review the study guides and modify them where you feel necessary.
- Print out each study guide and put them in your binder organized by law/chapter.
- Review all the templates located under ‘Mastermind Email Templates.’ Determine which ones you would like to use to market and build your mastermind group.
- Download and update the email templates you would like to use with your personal information.
Book your first Mastermind Group
- Set a Date and Time for your mastermind group
- Find a location to have your meetings. A few ideas are:
- Office space donated by a participant
- Begin to invite participants. Use the resources that are provided to you under TRAINING-> MARKETING TRAINING->MASTERMIND TRAINING. There are email templates, flyers, study guides, etc. located there to help you put together and book your first group.
4. Study and prepare for your first Lunch and Learn
Lunch and Learns are a great way to market yourself and your business through a short (30-60 minute) presentation. Prepare for your first Lunch and Learn by going through the Lunch and Learn script and templates. From the top menu, go to: Training -> Marketing Training -> Lunch and Learn Marketing Training. There you will find links to the following resources:
- Follow the instructions given in the Mastermind training videos and worksheets regarding Lunch and Learns.
- Study and practice the speaking script for The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership. Prepare a 30-60 minute presentation that you can share at companies, for groups, at your church, etc. Ideally, you want to be presenting in front of your ideal target market. Use Lunch and Learns to invite your audience to take a next step with you. For example, join your mastermind group, do group training, do 1×1 coaching, attend a workshop, etc.
Book your first Lunch and Learn
- Review the email templates that are provided to you under TRAINING-> MARKETING TRAINING-> LUNCH AND LEARN MARKETING TRAINING to schedule your first lunch and learn.
5. Go Through the Content of the Core Learning Systems
- We encourage you to see these learning systems as a vehicle to expand your own personal leadership potential and raise your own leadership lid above all else. For those wanting to build a business,your JMT certification allows you to teach, coach, and speak on any of the core learning systems.
- Click on each of the programs and spend 20 minutes reviewing each one. Click on a handful of the links and become familiar with what resources are available to you.
- Reflect and decide which one learning system you want to start diving into and studying. Start with ONE!
- Download the guide/workbook and put it into your binder.
- Start to go through the DVD lessons. Put yourself through the program as if were the client. Go through the workbook, take notes, etc.
- After you complete one program, follow the same steps and go through the remaining programs the same way. It’s very helpful, for both personal and professional reasons, to have gone through all the programs yourself first.
Congratulations!! If you have completed and checked off your list all the above “Study Time” items then you are ready to proceed to the “Business Building” button on the 90 Day Success Roadmap or proceed directly to the Business Building page by clicking here.